Saturday, March 27, 2021

I Am

Jesus claims to be everything that your heart is longing for.


John 8:28  So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I AM He. I do nothing on My own but say only what the Father taught Me.

John 10:30-33  The Father and I are one."  31  Once again the people picked up stones to kill Him.  32  Jesus said, "At My Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone Me?"  33  They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."

John 18:4-6  Jesus fully realized all that was going to happen to Him, so He stepped forward to meet them. "Who are you looking for?" He asked.  5  "Jesus the Nazarene," they replied. "I AM He," Jesus said. (Judas, who betrayed Him, was standing with them.)  6  As Jesus said "I AM He," they all drew back and fell to the ground!

If your opinion of Jesus is that he is a good man and nothing more then you probably have not checked out the Bible for yourself. The Bible is crystal clear that Jesus is not just a mere man.

Jesus told us clearly who he is, in my study of the "I Am" statements made by Jesus it has became more clear to me than ever before, Jesus wasn't trying to hide his identity or his mission for being with us.
 
In all of the "I Am' statements Jesus is claiming to be everything that we have ever needed and everything that we will need for this world and for all of eternity. What an incredible thought, that the one that knows me, loves me and provides so abundantly for me!

You can have all this world just "Give Me Jesus!" I love that song, it sums it all up for me, while the world is begging me to find what I need in a thousand other places, I know that there is only one place to get it all.
I Am The Way, The Truth And The Life
Jesus answers important questions that have eternal consequences.

I Am The Gate
There is only one way to get to the safe place of rest that God offers his sheep.

I Am The Vine
God planted a new vine and he tends to it so it will be fruitful.

Light Of The World
The Bible proves that Jesus is the light that we need.

I Am The Good Shepherd
Jesus provides outstanding care and protection for his sheep.

I Am The Resurrection
Jesus predicted the events surrounding his death to make it obvious that he is the promised Messiah.

I Am The Real Bread
Jesus came to satisfy our soul not our body.
RELATED ARTICLES
The 'I Ams' of Jesus (billygraham.org)